Pumpkin Apple Streusel Mini Muffins

Let me describe them this way:

"Muffins so good even Crew will eat them."Many of you know that I am not a baker. At all. Nevertheless, after sampling a few dozen of these mini-muffins on a recent visit to my friend Kerrin's house, I rallied my courage and bought ingredients for the proffered recipe. Only 48 cents for baking soda? Who knew? I am pleased (and a little shocked) to report that they turned out just as good as Kerrin's.

Ingredients:

Wet Mix:
1 cup pumpkin (or 1 cup pureed canned yams!)
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 apple sauce

Dry Mix:
2.5 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Final Add-in
2 cups peeled and chopped apples

Streusel Topping:
2 tsp flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cut in 4 Tbs cold butter (I grated it with a cheese grater!)

Directions:
Mix dry mixture and wet mixture separately. Mix together just until wet. Stir in apples. Spoon batter into greased mini-muffin cups, fill 3/4 full. Sprinkle streusel topping over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes approximately 48 mini-muffins (48 calories each).

*I had them fresh right out of the oven. I also had them later that evening after sitting under plastic wrap all day. They were delicious fresh out of the oven. They were even more delicious, more moist later...

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Thank you Megan!! This is the second or third time we have made these and we LOVE them. Too bad I can't stop eating them either. Oh well,
Loves
Johanna