Apricot Chicken

I prefer to make my apricot chicken in the oven, not in the crock pot. This dish appears on our table with alarming frequency and my kids love it as much as anyone. Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 bottle french dressing (DO NOT use "creamy" french!! Don't even use "light" creamy french!)
1 jar apricot preserves/jam
1 envelope lipton onion soup
1 cup water
Cooked rice

Directions:
Combine water, dressing, preserves, and soup mix together in a bowl. Pour over the chicken in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake covered on 350 for 80 minutes. Take chicken out and shred. Mix chicken back into sauce. Serve over rice.

Comments

brittanydaw said…
I used to make a similar recipe, but scott doesn't like fruity meat, so I haven't made it in ages, but it has a jar of apricot jam, a can of peaches, sliced green peppers and chicken. I think I even put pineapple in it, too. Served it over rice and I loved it! Maybe I should try yours... maybe he'd like it then.
I love Apricot chicken! Just wished my kids would eat it!
Missy said…
This sounds really good. I'm going to try it. I make a similar recipe (in the crockpot) with chicken breasts, 1 sm. bottle Russian salad dressing, 8 oz. apricot jam, and a packet of onion soup mix. Love all the recipes on here, by the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Orange BBQ Chicken Kabobs

Homestyle Turkey, The Michigander Way

Chicken Enchiladas