Sour Cream Banana Mini-Muffins

Justin asks for banana bread weekly. I'm not sure why, considering my last attempt (7 years ago) was a total bust. Last week he came home from work carrying a bundle of bananas as a gift for me himself, begging me to transform them into baked goods. I took to the internet in search of a fail-proof recipe and hit the jackpot.

I don't actually own a bread pan, but I do own mini-muffin tins! I modified the recipe to suit my equipment and it was a super-success. These are the best banana muffins I have ever eaten. In fact, it's the best banana "bread" I have ever had (and I just paid $4.99 last week for a loaf from Kneaders). I realize they don't look very special, but they are insanely moist and uniformly delectable, with no "crust" to speak of. It's like 48 inside slices of banana bread with the crusts cut off... when you are only baking something for 15 minutes, there isn't time for the outsides to get extra crispy.
Ingredients
1/3 cup butter
1 and 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas
8 ounces sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 ¼ cups flour

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, cream butter and cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour.

3. Use a slightly overflowing tablespoon measuring spoon to help measure into 48 muffin slots.

4. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Remove from tins and allow to cool for 25-30 minutes before storing. Pack in airtight container to keep moist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange BBQ Chicken Kabobs

Homestyle Turkey, The Michigander Way

Chicken Enchiladas