Philly and Everything

Philly Beef and Everything

Ingredients
1 and 1/2 pounds shredded beef, cooked in a crock pot in advance. I used thin steaks, but a roast will do.
1 green pepper
Entire large package of fresh mushrooms (what is that, 8 oz? 16 oz?)
1 cup diced onion
3 tbs butter
1/2 block of cream cheese (I used fat-free)
1 cup mozzarella cheese.
2 tbs worchestershire sauce
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Use the butter to saute green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic together. Add worchestershire sauce, beef, salt, and pepper. Slowly stir in cream cheese, then mozzarella cheese. Serve immediately on toasted deli rolls.

Notes: This made a SURPRISINGLY large amount of food. We had plenty of leftovers for today. I think one of the keys to success is not having too much beef in the mixture. I prefer it heavy on the toppings, lighter on the beef (strange, since I'm generally a rabid carnivore). But it seemed more flavorful that way. It turned out to be a good thing that I didn't have as much beef as I had hoped to work with :)

Comments

Lori said…
I made this for a big family dinner and it was a HUGE success! Thanks for the delicious recipe.
Katie and Paul said…
I am always on the look out for great recipe to use for elk meat and this was perfect! So yummy! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Orange BBQ Chicken Kabobs

Homestyle Turkey, The Michigander Way

Chicken Enchiladas